It’s time for the Summer Chillin’ Blog Hop. The premise is simple and delicious. For the next week, myself and some brilliant writers/bloggers/foodies will be posting some of our favorite recipes on our blogs. Click the image above to see the full list, or check out the link at the end of this post.
I’m a big citrus fan, and summer says lemonade to me. Or in this case, lemon cookies. This is a variation on a recipe that’s a favorite of mine, and I like the light flavor and taste of these thumbprint cookies.
Double-Lemon Cream Cheese Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 3oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 small can lemon pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 c), grease 2 baking sheets
- Beat together cream cheese and butter at medium speed
- Beat in sugar, milk, lemon, and lemon zest
- Beat in flour, 1/4 cup at a time until blended.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Using a rounded tablespoon or your thump, create an indentation in the middle of each cookie
- Drop 1 tsp lemon pie filling into the center of each cookie
- Bake cookies about 10 minutes, until set and golden.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
Serve cool with your favorite blended drink, and if you’re having a hard time deciding what that is, check out the other participants blogs, because I know some of them have some amazing drinks they’re sharing.